Welcome to RiverPharmacy.ca!
Join us on Facebook!
Our official facebook page is: RiverPharmacyOnline.
We will be posting links to FAQs, tips, and updates on a regular basis. If you have questions, please do NOT post private information (order numbers, phone numbers, credit card information, etc) to our timeline.
You can send us a private message on facebook or even better, call us toll-free at 1-888-848-1945 and chat with us on the phone.
River Pharmacy specials are regularly posted on our facebook page. Take a look at how you can save, and make sure you follow us for more specials every month.
- Like us on facebook
- Comment and ask us questions
- Tag photos
- Share specials and interesting content with your friends
Frequently Asked Questions... And Answers!
What can you tell me about high blood pressure (hypertension)?
There are two components of a blood pressure reading:
- Systolic: read when the heart contracts, pushing out blood
- Diastolic: read when the heart is resting between beats and refilling with blood
The two numbers are expressed as a fraction with the systolic reading on top; e.g., 120/80 (120 over 80).
|Blood Pressure Category||Systolic||Diastolic|
|Normal||less than 120||and||less than 80|
|Hypertension (stage 1)||140-159||or||90-99|
|Hypertension (stage 2)||more than 160||or||more than 100|
Blood pressure that is consistently too high is called hypertension. People can have hypertension for years with no symptoms. It can damage the walls of your arteries or your body's organs.
Download and print this handy Blood Pressure Chart.
Read more about high blood pressure here.
Rabeprazole sodium (synonyms: irsogladine maleate, rebeprazole sodium) is a proton-pump inhibitor (PPI) that is manufactured by Cipla Limited and is the generic form of:
- AcipHex (U.S.A.)
- Pariet (Europe, Brazil, Canada, Japan, Russia, Australia)
- Rabicip (India)
- Rabonik (India)
- Zechin (Pakistan)
- Acifix (Bangladesh)
This medication is used to decreases the production of acid in a person's stomach and may be used:
- to help Peptic Ulcer Disease (PUD) or duodenal ulcers
- to treat Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- to deliver relief of painful heartburn symptoms caused by Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) or acid reflux disease
- to help with excessive secretion of stomach acid due to certain conditions of the pancreas (Zollinger-Ellison syndrome)
- with antibiotics to control a bacteria called Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) in the stomach
- to prevent gastroinetestinal bleeding with NSAID use
It is available as both 10 mg and 20 mg tablets for oral administration with or without food as directed by your doctor.
Common side effects may include, but are not limited to:
- abdominal pain
- changes in appetite
- constipation or diarrhea
You can learn more about Rabeprazole sodium here.