At River Pharmacy.ca, safeguarding your confidentiality and protecting your personal information is a primary concern. River Pharmacy respects your privacy and as such we protect your personal information. We do not rent, sell or trade our mailing lists or other personal information unless authorized by you in writing to do so. We use our contact information to assist us in providing you with appropriate services of River Pharmacy, and to keep you informed and up to date on the activities of River Pharmacy on your behalf or about programs, or special events or services that may enhance or be of benefit to you.
River Pharmacy is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information obtained by reason of your client relationship with River Pharmacy. This policy explains the types of client personal information we collect, how it is used, and the steps we take to ensure your personal information is handled appropriately.
Our policies and practices have been designed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and corresponding provincial privacy acts.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information that refers to an individual specifically and is recorded in any form. Personal information includes such things as age, income, date of birth, ethnic origin, medical records and credit records. Information about individuals contained in the following documents is not considered personal information:
- public telephone directories, where the subscriber can refuse to be listed
- professional and business directories available to the public certain public
- registries and court records certain other publicly available printed
- electronic publications.
Our commitment to your privacy is governed by the following privacy principles:
- We are accountable to you. River Pharmacy is responsible for all personal information under its control, including any personal information that is transferred to third parties for processing, storage or other purposes.
- We let you know why we collect your personal information. River Pharmacy identifies the purpose for which your personal information is collected. We do this before or at the time the information is actually being collected.
- We obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information. River Pharmacy obtains your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information. The method of obtaining consent is appropriate to the type of personal information being collected, used or disclosed.
River Pharmacy will use implied consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information where one or more of the following apply:
- a client relationship already exists
- express consent has previously been given
- where the purpose of using the personal information is reasonably apparent to you.
- We limit collection of your personal information. River Pharmacy collects only the information required to provide services to you. If the personal information we require is collected for a reason other than to provide services, your consent will be obtained before or at the time the information is collected. River Pharmacy will collect personal information only by clear, fair and lawful means. Examples of why we collect personal information include:
- communicating with you generally
- processing your applications (eg, asking for your prescription when you place an order)
- processing and keeping track of transactions and reporting back to you
- protecting against fraud or error Providing product and services requested by you
- recommending products and services that River Pharmacy believes will be of interest and provide value to you
- to comply with legal and governmental requirements.
- We limit use, disclosure and retention of your personal information. River Pharmacy uses and discloses your personal information only for the purposes it was collected. River Pharmacy does not sell or rent personal information to any organization or person for any reason.
We do not share your personal information with third party organizations except to offer you a product or service. If your personal information is shared with third parties, these third parties are bound by appropriate agreements with River Pharmacy to secure and protect the confidentiality of your personal information. River Pharmacy retains your personal information only as long as it is required for our business relationship or as required by federal and provincial laws.
- We keep your personal information up to date and accurate. River Pharmacy keeps your personal information up to date, accurate and relevant for its intended use. You may request access to the personal information we have on record in order to review and amend the information, as appropriate. In circumstances where your personal information has been provided by a third party, we will refer you to that party (e.g. credit bureaus). To access your personal information, refer to the "How to contact us" section below.
- The security of your personal information is a priority for River Pharmacy. We take steps to safeguard your personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held, including:
- physical security measures such as restricted access facilities and locked filing cabinets, electronic security measures for computerized personal information such as password protection, database encryption and personal identification numbers
- organizational processes such as limiting access to your personal information to a selected group of individuals
- contractual obligations with third parties who need access to your personal information requiring them to protect and secure your personal information.
- We provide access to your personal information stored by River Pharmacy. Decisions are often made based on the information we have. Therefore, it is important that your personal information is accurate and complete. As a customer, you have the right to access, verify and amend the information held in your personal files. You can request access to your personal information stored by River Pharmacy. To contact us, refer to the "How to contact us" section below. Upon receiving such a request, River Pharmacy will:
- Inform you about what type of personal information we have on record or in our control, how it is used and to whom it may have been disclosed.
- Provide you with access to your information so you can review and verify the accuracy and completeness and request changes to the information.
- Make any necessary updates to your personal information.
- We respond to your questions, concerns and complaints about privacy. River Pharmacy responds in a timely manner to your questions, concerns and complaints about the privacy of your personal information and our privacy policies and procedures.
We use current technologies and maintain security standards to ensure that your personal information is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, inappropriate alteration or misuse. All safety and security measures are also appropriate to the sensitivity level of your information.
We manage our server environment appropriately and our firewall infrastructure is strictly adhered to. Our security practices are reviewed periodically and we employ current technologies to assist us in protecting the confidentiality and privacy of your information.